Sparkle 5 [Goodies] Website

Hi Sparkle(rs)! :slight_smile:

I hope you have all been enjoying the new and beefed up Sparkle 5!
Here at @FlaminFig we have been busy creating a website to highlight the new features of Sparkle 5… Not all of them but a lot of them, and it was really fun to do! :slight_smile:

I had to hold back until a little bug was squashed with the Lightbox feature but with all these updates to Sparkle 5 I’m happy to announce it has been squashed this morning (by the two great men behind this product), my time and now I can let you all know…

The website has only been built for the 1200 device and covers the following…

• Hover gradients
  • Clip to text gradient
  • Image blending lighten
  • Background shift left and right
  • Active text link hover states
  • Image/video grid block with Lightbox
  • Q&A toggles and how to create them
  • Text effect knock out
  • Button transition
  • The slider
  • Button hover gradient with transition

As mentioned this is not all of the new features but enough of them to give you all a good idea how more advanced a Sparkle 5 website is now compared to V4.5. I love how I was able to create an asymmetrical layout that I totally prefer to the rectangle boxes I see out there!

This website has clickable links all over it so don’t forget to click and see the hidden surprises!
I have also uploaded all the images with AVIF compression. It takes a bit longer to Publish but the webpage loads faaaaast!!!

You can find the webpage here nestled in on our Flamin Fig website - Sparkle 5 [Goodies] - new features & functionality
Enjoy! :slight_smile: :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing, FlaminFig. It’s once again a success and very well done!

1 Like

silly question - where is the “background shift” hidden?

They are available with the wide boxes :slight_smile:

Hi FlaminFig, please tell which Sparkle 5 version you are using. The one I downloaded is missing Background Shift Left/Right as an example.

Sorry, the option above concerns Wide Box, just found it.
Well, cost of learning.

Yes @zbr, you need to fist make your Box Arrange / Full page width and then come back to Style tab and then you’ll see the Background Shift slider has appeared.

Not a silly question @safoster71
Please check my post to @zbr for the answer… Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks @Allan for your kind words! :slight_smile:
Always seeing how I can push Sparkle with fun in mind!

1 Like

I’m glad you worked it out @zbr! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for this sample. :clap: :clap:
I’m running out of time to work with the computer (I’m doing illustrations manually) and I have to renovate my website this month, so I’m going to enjoy the new Sparkle 5 as soon as I start working on it.

Thank you @Saeta! :slight_smile:
Glad you got something out of it, and I’m sure you will have loads of funs with Sparkle 5! :slight_smile: :rocket:

1 Like

yes thanks for doing this. A great way to see the features in action. Great looking site :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks @Broadwood, appreciated! :slight_smile:

And yeah I love how now I can create asymmetrical website layouts leaving more behind the rectangle layered look! :ok_hand:

@Saeta, I just wanted to ask…
So you are manually (I’m assuming with pencil in hand) creating illustrations… Do you digitise the illustrations in the end and what tool do you use?

I’m learning that Web3.0 is going more down the road of using illustrations…

1 Like

@FlaminFig Hendrik, sorry for the delay in replying, I’ve been a bit disconnected doing the illustration of a cover with acrylic paint. :man_artist:

Indeed, the illustrations made by hand are made with pencil, paper, ink and watercolour graphite, for those in greyscale, or watercolour, if they have to be in colour. On the other hand, if they are illustrations for a book cover, I use pencil, paper and acrylic paint.
Afterwards, I scan the drawings and make the necessary adjustments. Sometimes it’s just correcting levels and erasing a spot that shouldn’t be there. Other times the editor asks me to change the colour of a piece of clothing, add an object, remove it or change its position. I do all that work digitally.

The software I use is Affinity Photo, mainly, although for some quick corrections I’ve also used Pixelmator Pro.

For 20 years I used Adobe, but when I tried the Affinity applications I switched immediately. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As for animation, I worked a lot with Flash and since it left the scene I’ve been using Tumult Hype, although it’s complicated for animating characters. Now I’m learning Moho Animation, to make animations for video and I’ve just discovered Rive.app to make interactive animations for the web.
It allows you to import both vector (SVG) and layered pixel drawings and create interactive animations for the web, games and apps.
I love that! :smiley:

I can’t wait to finish my paper illustrations so I can investigate this app further. I’ll probably end up replacing Hype with Rive because I do more character animation than banners, although Hype is very good even for making complete websites, apps and games.