Sparkle And The Not So Free Web!

There are many reason why I love Sparkle and one of the big ones are that I have say and ownership over my own work entailing in how I present it on the web and who I support. I’m not governed by a server cloud policy that can change month by month!

Our everyday choices, (especially with our wallets) bit by bit, defines our reality. I need the web to run our ethical design studio so I have seen a lot and have become aware how more and more it is being policed stifling free expression. More and more I am noticing a narrative that when we question or overstep it we get put in our place! :frowning:

So where is this going? Be aware… PayPal is now policing their clients and if they deem you have violated their take on reality they will cancel and delete your PayPal account - PayPal and ADL team up to attack revenue sources of those "spreading and profiting from all forms of hate"

It is conveniently packaged under the words “hate speech” and “extremism”, where in 99% of cases it is an opposing viewpoint. Admittingly there is that 1%! :frowning: But PayPal will also share their “detective work” with all other financial institutions and it sounds like they can do likewise without the courts getting involved! :frowning: I don’t know about you but this sounds more like they are overstepping the line! :frowning:

Anyways thought to let you all know but more importantly that I am so grateful for the business model Sparkle takes allowing me in the pilot seat of my online journey! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks you for letting us now, really appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like