Sparkle Site - Waterton Hall Wines [Shopify Ecommerce & Booking Platform]

I had a lot of fun with this project and was the first site that I really pushed Sparkle to its limits!

URL : https://www.watertonhall.com.au
Pages : 15
Devices : 960, 768, 480, 320px
Extra Elements Used : Shopify Shopping Cart, FareHarbour Tourism Booking Platform, Newsletter Subscription integrated with Campaign Monitor, Bespoke CSS

The site was branded from the newly created Waterton Hall Wines wine bottle labels, with strong bold imagery selling the vineyard visually and keeping the sites layout clutter free.

I have groomed the site’s SEO through all that Sparkle has to offer including social media and my client is very happy with their Google ranking of their vineyard, the tourism side, and the wedding venue they offer. We also have a hidden Wine Sales Special page that can only be reached via the quarterly newsletter that goes out to the subscribers.

9 Likes

Congratulations! @FlaminFig
I can see why you had a lot of fun!
It’s a beautiful website.
I like this kind of website structure. Clutter free (as you call it) but quite effective. Very stylish. Fits perfectly to the brand. I also like the colour scheme.
:+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

FANTASTIC site! Great work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Shadowfax, Hey a big thanks for your kind words… really appreciated! :slight_smile:

I always keep the Ideal Client in mind when creating sites and how effective it can be laid out and visually modelled to grab the attention! We don’t have much time to emotionally connect to the IC so colour, white-space, fonts and layout really matter!

@WebRoyal, Hey a big thanks! Like yourself, I’m loving what I can do with Sparkle especially all that freedom it allow for me to create! :slight_smile:

What a beautiful website! Fantastic job!

1 Like

Thank you @maxsanna ! :slight_smile:

Nice. What are the typefaces?

@ianrid, Yes sure…

• The larger serif type font is Octavian MT Std
  • The supporting sans-serif font is Open Sans

It overall gives the feelings of nostalgia and age combined with the contemporary nuances which Waterton Hall is all about.

Thanks for asking! :slight_smile:

Must try those. I have been using Merriweather serif and sans quite bit.

1 Like

Hi @FlaminFig,

I was going through the site on my phone and when I got to the photos I noticed that the Covid banner disappears behind the photos. Just wanted to let you know as I know you are a sucker for attention to detail.

@Anti0606, Well spotted my friend! :slight_smile:

Not sure what happened there but it is looking great again and pixel perfect!!! O boy there is that sucker in me for attention to detail again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear FlaminFig,

Well done - you have an amazing site.

The ‘picture paints one thousand words’ and ‘less is more’ phrases come to mind.

I love the large pictures and font sizes which are really useful generally but also for those who now need reading glasses, so many use too small a font but not you - well done, you really have pushed the product close to it limits it would appear.

The only thing that I would have removed is the buy now from the contact us page as it looks out of place, and I may have modified the book now face time link to be a ordinary phone dialler (at least from my mac unless it is but my mac has decided to interpret it as face time call) or a calendar.

Re SEO well done too, too many people rely on SEO tools which seem to break their site in Google. I find manual is still best all these years later…

The consent option on the form really looks professional two.

It would be good if Sparkle could offer options in addition to the ‘hamburger’ icon.

Have you done any / many sites since this one?

Thank you so much for sharing your skills.