Strange Text Rendering on Wide Desktop PCs

Hi,
I’m getting a strange text rendering - which is occurring on the Wide Desktop PCs view only… this is happening to a text block being effected by a ‘contour’ text wrap on an image…
This doesn’t happen in any other view.
When I click on the text block, it renders correctly in English characters, but does not honour the text wrap. When I click off, it renders in a strange ‘Cyrillic’ or gobbledegook text - but DOES honour the text wrap…
This phenomena also previews the same incorrect way…

Using Sparkle 3… any ideas?
Retroh
:slight_smile:

From the illustration you provided it looks like you’ve set the text upside down. Notice the small yellow triangle at the top-right of the text column? That should be at the bottom- right of the column and indicates a text overflow situation. What you are seeing is something like this:

If you grab the top handle and drag it below the bottom handle, the text will be corrected - like this:

Once you’ve corrected the text box, just reposition it so that it’s in its correct place again. I suspect that you may have done something to the text box on the desktop breakpoint only. Maybe you thought you were moving the text box, but you’ve inadvertently grabbed either the top or bottom handle and dragged it beyond the opposite handle.

HI francbrowne,
thanks4 that - I wasn’t aware that text could be set upside down, or that it was possible to drag the handles over each other - resulting in that phenomena…
Anyway, after nearly 2 hours reformatting, pasting in plain text etc, etc, I just deleted that text box completely and started again - problem solved…
Thanks for your help - it’s something to watch out for in the future - for sure…
:slight_smile:

@Retroh I don’t know if there is any practical use for this feature, or whether it’s just a by-product of Sparkle’s free-format design abilities, Certainly, there are other design apps, such as Affinity Designer, that exhibit the same behaviour. Its not only a top-to-bottom thing - it happens on a side-to side basis also - effectively flipping the text so that it reads backwards. I guess there must be some practice use for the behaviour - just not sure what it is unless you are creating a mirroring effect for some reason.

There is one use for this feature - Mirror sites :joy:!