Strip out text formatting

I would really really love to take pre-formatted text (like from a word document, etc…) and be able to paste it onto a text box element with the option to strip out the formatting - “paste without format”.

This would safe heaps of time with text container updates! :slight_smile:

Hello @FlaminFig

I’m not sure, this is exactly what you need for your workflow, but I always use this function. It formats the text to the style used in the Sparkle text box:

3 Likes

@Shadowfa, OMG! What a goose I am! That is exactly what I was talking about, thank you! :slight_smile:

I tend to nearly always use right-click and then paste so it never clicked with me to go about it the way you suggest which works the part. So I best retract most of what I said and finish off with I would love to see “Paste and Match Style” also in the right-click when pasting formatted text!!! :slight_smile:

// Sorry Duncan!

2 Likes

Hello @FlaminFig

Yes, you are right! :+1:
“Paste and Match Style” doesn’t show up in the right-click context menu.

I think it should be there as well. :smiley:

I didn’t notice that it was missing, because I mostly use keyboard shortcuts … I’m less of a right-click-person. :grinning:

1 Like

@FlaminFig Glad the mystery has been partly solved for you :slight_smile: I find it very useful.Happy days!

Best
Scott

I mentioned this ‘ages’ ago…:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: I’m a right click person…

Thanks so much for this tip! I am so happy that I read this post!
I learned something today…thank you!

I notice that there’s also a keyboard command for this, too:
command+Y.
Dave