Tag counts along side tag label

As a blogger, I want to provide the best way for my readers to get to the content they want to see. In addition, I want to provide insight to my readers as to what is available to them. Therefore, I’d like to have the option of seeing tag counts with the tag labels.

Context…
I currently use a stable set of tags that are leveraged as my menu structure. However, I’d like to expand the use of tags to function not as a menu choice but as another way of identifying the content.

Use case…
My tags currently divide my blogs into the following categories:

• Technology
  • Economics
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Regulations

I want to add additional tags so that I can include blog topics such as:

• Nuclear
  • Solar
  • Wind
  • Coal
  • Electricity
  • Oil
  • Gas
  • Carbon Capture
  • Transmission

For the topic tags, I’d like to include the number of blogs associated with that topic. I see myself putting a vertical box on pages with the topic tags and their counts where clicking on the topic tags presents a blog index of those blog posts — just like what is seen when a category tag is clicked.

Taken one step further, I would love to see the size of the topic tag in the vertical box to be auto-sized relative to the topic count. (I don’t recall the word/phrase that is used to describe this UI object.)

I know I can do the tag count manually. However, it would be a great time saver if Sparkle can do the counting for me and update the number automatically (and resize?) as additional blog posts are created and tagged.

1 Like

Great suggestion, thanks!

Tag clouds!

That’s the term I couldn’t remember.

@DaverD
Great idea. I would like to include tag counts and a tag cloud in a Sparkle blog as well.