The File Is Locked

I’ve been cutting and pasting the Sparkle app icon since the Finder is just showing a blank white icon. I can save the file one time, but the second time the finder is telling me I no longer have permissions. If I hit “Save Anyway” still no joy. The only way to save is to first Duplicate from the file menu.

Thanks!

Finder icon

permissions

Sparkle 3.0.2 (8334)
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

While I don’t have an explanation for that, it also isn’t really something Sparkle related.

I forget, was Sparkle always a white page in the Finder??

No, that’s a macOS bug. At some point it will recognize the actual icon.

Having the same Permissions problem.
Yes. I also changed out the icon for the file to show the Sparkle icon instead of the white one. Wonder if that is behind this permissions issue? Weird.
Anyway, I have done the “Get Info” thing on the Sparkle site file I am working on (unlocking the padlock) which fixes the permissions (Unable to save this document; you do not have permission) for a few minutes, then it “forgets” that and starts complaining again.
I guess the way to test this is to work on another site which still has the white icon? Stay tuned…

I found this and am trying it now…stay tuned…
• How to Fix Documents Not Saving on macOS 10.15

UPDATE - This didn’t seem to work for my problem with not being able to save changes in my Sparkle docs.
What has worked so far is granting “full disk access” to Sparkle in the Security and Privacy Control Panel in MacOX Settings.
I purchased Sparkle directly from Duncan instead of installing from the Apple App Store, so that’s probably why Sparkle needed this permission granted it. Same for my FTP app I use sometimes, Fetch. Had to check the box for that, too.