Tips: quick build layout using wire frames

A little tip for the new sparkle user:

When beginning a new layout for a website I often find that using wire frames in Sparkle is a great way of testing and designing a basic layout/s without writing or inserting any text or graphics.

I think it’s always a good to have an idea of what you are trying to achieve before letting yourself go on a project and inserting random blocks of text and graphics without much thought to the basic design.

Also if you enable ‘Follow Footer’ on the wire frames you are then able to quickly insert extra frames into the design without having to make space by moving each element - ALSO Grouping elements is very handy for this as well!

I also find it useful disabling the grid view for quickly previewing the design without distraction - just hit the ‘tab’ key on your keyboard for this.

Hope you find this tip useful!

Happy designing!!

Best,
Scott

10 Likes

This is really helpful. I’m just beginning to re-think an old site that I made with an earlier Sparkle and had been trying to imagine a method that your post neatly defines and explains. Wish the same could be done for submenus and sections which I don’t understand and am trying to grapple with before I go any further. Meanwhile I’m keeping this on my desktop as I work. Thanks!