Tying Image to Gallery

Seems like the professional artists websites have the images separate on say one page. Once you click on that image it goes not to a letterbox but a gallery with the start being the picture that you clicked on the image. From there you can open a letterbox or go to the next image. Is this anywhere possible in Sparkle?

1 Like

Not currently possible unfortunately.

Helas, I cannot wait until some of that functionality is possible in Sparkle. In the meantime I build something like this (manual work) is this something you mean ? Click in the top menu either on “Foto’s” or “Video’s”. In the Foto’s page I used different gallery-styles, to experiment with.

Here’s a very simple example of what I understand to be a gallery.
It is set up very easily in the software I used several years ago. Adding another title maintains the alphabetic sequence, which makes life that little bit easier. Once a thumbnail is clicked, the user is taken to the larger version, from where they can move forwards or backwards through the images, or simply return to the thumbnail index. The larger images can be accompanied by explanatory text or other elements required by the designer. Simple but effective.
As far is I am aware, this sort of ease of set up and this sort of gallery is unavailable in Sparkle, but I would love to be proved wrong!

1 Like

Nice done Ben! Myself I have problems. In the preview everything is correct, on the web it is a mess. All seems corrupt. Scroll downwards. Also the Youtube file doesnot start. The image fo;der wasn’t uploaded to the server. http://www.waterbieskreek.nl/fotoboek.html Greetzzz Ton

Hi and welcome @macdafydd, correct: that’s not currently possible in Sparkle. There are many many possible image gallery styles, and we only support the slider behavior. Meaning it’s the only that can be produced automatically, you can definitely produce that layout by manually placing images. We do expect to improve Sparkle across the board, and galleries and image presentation is definitely an area of great interest.

2 Likes

I think that this behavior is caused by the external gallery you are using. If that software isn”t able to scale, Sparkle cannot solve that for you.

I created that style of gallery earlier but wasn’t worth the effort for my personal site. It can be done in Sparkle but not through the Gallery element. For now I simply use Zoom in Lightbox until more options are available (which are coming I am sure).