User interface for Sparkle 5 maybe?

We’re talking about being able to see something while doing it, not after it’s done. So before previewing, while designing…

1 Like

This is a method I already use. I’ve mentioned before.

What I want is to see it side by side on the canvas before previewing.

Well, it’s not really only previewing. The two safari windows are open on an extra monitor - and as sonn as I touch something in the editor, it’s being live updated no the extra monitor. It’s instantaneous.

1 Like

However, in order to make edits on the screens, it is necessary to switch to the relevant screen and watch every edit made on the other screen. Being able to see more than one screen in Canvas will shorten these distances a lot.

3 Likes

I definitely use the keyboard commands. I’d be lost without! However, to have various views visible at the same time, would save even more time and make design for various sizes far more intuitive.

As to screen ‘real estate’ to do this, although I am not a definitive example, I suspect I am not alone. I work with a 27" screen in the middle and 2 extra 22" screens – one each side. I would love this as a feature – because, you really need us to be making your life more difficult!! :smile:

I find that while I am focused on editing a design on one type of device, another layout open on the side can be a distraction or take up space that should be used for the current design layout.

The ability to view a design for more than one device is interesting, and I see a great use for it, but not on Sparkle’s app screen. In my opinion, if the preview Sparkle generates is some kind of web app that allows me to view multiple layouts with the ability to adjust device width manually, won’t have to place a tablet and phone side by side with my computer or open and arrange separate windows of a browser.

Hello Selcuk
This is really a great idea. Question: How did you make that? Thanks for your feedback!

This is a different app called Framer. I added this image because it would be nice if it was like this in Sparkle.

1 Like

Aha, now its clear. Thanks a lot Selcuk!

1 Like

I use Solis to view multiple viewports/devices at the same time. Changes made in Sparkle are instantly displayed across all viewports.

3 Likes

The idea was more so that when you added say a 320 device in the Sparkle canvas it would sit side by side with the 960 device already there. As you click on the elements in the 960 they would highlight in the 320 and vise versa. Changes you make in the 320 would show in the 960 and vise versa. It will also have you see when editing content say in a text box how it would effect that same text box in the 320

This would be before you view it in a desktop browser or external devices.

2 Likes

I’ve just become aware of Framer via Twitter advertisements. It appears to be a near copy of Sparkle. Have you tried it? If so, how does it compare with Sparkle?

Sparkle is much better than Framer in every way…
There are only a few details that need to be improved…

1 Like

And what an excellent companion application Solis is! Thanks for the pointer Mart!