Video player controls

I’ve got the center player button hidden, but now I can’t see the start/pause or full screen buttons unless the cursor is hovering over them?

I’ve only been using this app for a few days, but it is fantastic.

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 9.33.19 PM

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 9.33.26 PM

Hi @Trek, not sure why that happens. More details please? Screenshot of player settings, link to published page, etc.

Thanks, looks like a mis-configuration of Microsoft IIS (very common), so the SVG file that comprises the video player controls isn’t being downloaded properly.

You need to download this web.config file and place it in the root folder of your website.

That worked! Thanks!

I’ve got the same problem on a site working fine when beeing exported for web. When exporting with optimisation for local export, the player buttons have no elements to start and stop.
For testing I copied the web.config to root, but it didn’t change anything.

@ETK, Duncan has covered this a few times now. Here is the explanation to your issue…

Tx for information. But it didn’t help

There are two possible solutions:

1. view the site via a web server, so publishing it to a hidden/temporary location on your web server
2. export to disk by setting the “offline compatible” option during export setup, this produces a different slower site that works when loaded from the Finder (but you shouldn’t upload this as is to your server because it’s going to be slower)

I tried the second one and there ist still exact the problem I decribed.

Yeah the player component loads the icons using a technique that doesn’t quite work with offline viewing I’m afraid.

Tx. So I didn’t do something wrong. :slight_smile: