Vimeo Embbeding Bug

Good morning.

I’m using sparkle for quite a while now and I’m mostly happy.
Yesterday I’ve found two strange bugs, concerning the vimeo integration.

I’ve embedded all of my videos with still and embbed. After I changed the thumbnail in vimeo for one video, deactivated and reactivated it on sparke and re published the site, all of my thubmnails on this site have been mixed up.

I decided to go for direct embbed and everything worked fine. Except for mobile where nothing was shown.

I switched back to still and embbed and deactivated the action button and everything worked fine, so I guess it is kind of cash problem in sparkle? I deleted the cache in settings but with no effect.

I hope you can fix this soon, I direct embbed would be great but it should work on mobile too.

Best
Sebastian

Hi @mattukat2go, there appears to be a bug with the placeholder image, but I’m not aware of any vimeo integration issue. Would you please email us the project at feedback@sparkleapp.com (perhaps using wetransfer.com) and we’ll take a look.

I’m also having a problem with the thumbnail images for videos that are hosted on Vimeo. I’m using the Still + Embed in Lightbox option and everything looks great in Sparkle and in the preview, but when I publish, the thumbnail shown is from a different video on the page. When clicked on, the ‘correct’ video does play.

I’ve been adding videos to my site for several months in the same way and I never had this problem until I updated it yesterday.

Let me know if I can provide any more information that would be helpful.

Thanks!
Nannette

Try clearing sparkle’s publishing cache, in the preferences.

Thanks for your quick response Duncan! I removed the publishing cache in Sparkle and republished the site. I also deleted the cache and cookies in the browser, but I’m still having the same issue.

Ok please send the project file, we’ll take a look. wetransfer.com to feedback@sparkleapp.com

It’s on the way. Thanks again!

For everybody else following this, the problem turned out to be Cloudflare, configured on the domain, stuck with some cached files on their network.