Wanna give a boost on your web design skills? Check out this post

Hey guys - if you’re new, welcome to Sparkle and hope you’re having a blast.

I’m making this topic for those who are interested in giving their clients a better experience overall, by offering a better product at the end-point. So those who work with web design, you may already know these informations.

If you’d like to exchange knowledge on the area, feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

Disclaimer: none of these links are affiliate links neither I gain anything from this. I'm just sharing important sources of knowledge so everyone can enjoy better Sparkle.

Steve Krug’s Don’t Make Me Think, Revisited.

Since Don’t Make Me Think was first published in 2000, hundreds of thousands of Web designers and developers have relied on usability guru Steve Krug’s guide to help them understand the principles of intuitive navigation and information design. Witty, commonsensical, and eminently practical, it’s one of the best-loved and most recommended books on the subject.

Now Steve returns with fresh perspective to reexamine the principles that made Don’t Make Me Think a classic–with updated examples and a new chapter on mobile usability. And it’s still short, profusely illustrated…and best of all–fun to read.

If you’ve read it before, you’ll rediscover what made Don’t Make Me Think so essential to Web designers and developers around the world. If you’ve never read it, you’ll see why so many people have said it should be required reading for anyone working on Web sites.

John Whalen’s Design for How People Think

User experience doesn’t happen on a screen; it happens in the mind, and the experience is multidimensional and multisensory. This practical book will help you uncover critical insights about how your customers think so you can create products or services with an exceptional experience.

Corporate leaders, marketers, product owners, and designers will learn how cognitive processes from different brain regions form what we perceive as a singular experience. Author John Whalen shows you how anyone on your team can conduct “contextual interviews” to unlock insights. You’ll then learn how to apply that knowledge to design brilliant experiences for your customers.

• Learn about the “six minds” of user experience and how each contributes to the perception of a singular experience
  • Find out how your team—without any specialized training in psychology—can uncover critical insights about your customers’ conscious and unconscious processes
  • Learn how to immediately apply what you’ve learned to improve your products and services
  • Explore practical examples of how the Fortune 100 used this system to build highly successful experiences

The Futur’s Classes and videos

The Futur is a youtube channel from the video motion company “Blind” which was created to help freelance designers (graphical, video, web) on business topics, stuff that you don’t learn on the design university. They got so big that they embrace a lot of different topics in the area of creation, but always with the business mindset in focus. It’s a great way to learn what to do, how much and how to charge clients, how to really offer your services and so on.

Some specific videos for Web Desing from The Futur:

How To Design a Website (this is a really important one)

How To Price Projects (Hourly, Project, Value Based)

Hope you all enjoy these tips - and have a blast!

2 Likes

Hey @primo thank you for sharing! :slight_smile:
There is so much out there but this is a really great start for the newbie Sparkle(rs)…

1 Like