Web page with form submit broke after uploaded


I have been using Soarkel for almost a year now and have been haapy with the result

This month I started dabbling with more advance objects like

Gallery and Form submission

After I added these elements to my webpage the uploads however start to break. Even just uploading a unedited template with form submit broke

I am not 100% sure it’s the interactive elements are breaking the page so want to ask the community if anyone has that experience

You can see the page at


The page was formatted nicely from top to bottom but know I get huge size icons of FB and misplaced iframe sand missing art work and content

Hope to hear how this might be resolved.

The funny things is sometimes after a long while the page fixed itself… but this one has been three days and it is still broken

Hi @spjack, there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with Sparkle’s generated code as far as I can see.

Just as a tip on how I look at potential caching issue, I look at the website headers from the command line like this:

% curl --head http://www.jhmresearch.com
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 10:00:08 GMT
Server: Apache
Upgrade: h2
Connection: Upgrade
Last-Modified: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 02:48:19 GMT
ETag: "f2f8-5bea3ea17a534"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 62200
Cache-Control: max-age=600
Expires: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 10:10:08 GMT
Vary: Accept-Encoding,User-Agent
Content-Type: text/html

The Vary: header is an indication that there is likely to be a server side cache.

A server side cache will cause the side effect of pages not updating as soon as they’re published, and in this case it looks like the cache is somehow stuck and has broken the page for good.

The cache breaks the page for example by producing an older html file, that refers to css files that are no longer on the server (they’re replaced/renamed every time you publish).

Unless there was some other problem with publishing, that would cause a similar issue, right now the index.html file is referring to a number of files (with a timestamp of sorts in their filename), that are not found:

The reason the top of the page is instead working is due to the CSS embedded in the HTML, a technique referred to as “critical CSS extraction”, which is one of the many optimizations Sparkle implements to get websites to load faster.

I suggest you contact your web host and ask them to deactivate the server cache for your domain.

1 Like

Duncan I suspected some sort of caching problem but wasn’t sure how to debug it. Didn’t realize there was a servier side cache! Thanks I will look into it. That would explains why sometimes the problem goes away on its own!