What’s your top 5 or 10 list?

I’d like to echo something from @ikky (Defining the type of an input field) and that is field validation for common form fields such as email address, date components, etc.

1 Like

As a site visitor, I am more engaged when web content is personalized. Therefore, as a Sparkle designer, having the ability to leverage form variables across elements and pages would be of high value.

For example, imagine a pop up with looking for a confirmation of what was entered on the form underneath the pop up.

Without the Layers Panel (using Sparkle One) it’s almost impossible to get “Stick to Top” to remain visible when a pop-up is scrolled. Forward/Backward/Front/Back is pure guesswork as you don’t know how many layers exist. A Layer Panel for Sparkle One to be at least able to view the layers would be good (as I don’t need all the rest that Sparkle Pro has on offer).

I would love to be able to easily convert my website into a google amp version.

@EricExtreme, I have to ask why?..

Google AMP is now officially not privileged even by Google, so really no reason.

It was a joke. As @duncan stated Google Amp isn’t even privileged by Google anymore. It’s dead for all intents and purposes.

@EricExtreme, Ok funny! :slight_smile:

Like Microsoft Google loves throwing experiments out to see if it sticks and to see if they can get the corporation traction and as a consequence further police the internet with their proprietary technology.

I do my best to avoid anything google and will only use the essentials for my clients.
AMP was a joke and an insidious proprietary take over of the web! Happy to hear it failed when it did!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  1. Replace device fixed-widths with free-form choices
  2. Create a device layout viewer too see all device layouts side-by-side
  3. Replace Sparkle color picker with Apple system color picker
  4. Rulers on each device size.
  5. Elementary drawing tools.
  6. The ability to color all pages and background the same.
  7. Default “off” on elements repeating. Right click drop down to repeat on other devices. Including text boxes.
  8. Zoom lock between devices when working on one page.
1 Like

That’s a good list, but I love Sparkle’s unique take and not following the crowd with its fixed width.

With a fluid width (“free form choices”) elements start moving around and rearranging themselves in the screen realestate they find themselves in. I prefer pixel-perfect control over my device layouts avoiding any surprises! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@FlaminFig :heavy_check_mark:

Wish List:
Ability to update the EXIF data of images in a slideshow (linked or embedded) via button.

Status quo:
When the EXIF data is changed in the source file, it does not appear in the slideshow. You have to remove the image, reinsert and sort it and redo the smart field as well. This is a lot of work.

Mr. F.

1 Like

I agree with these two points.

Mr. F.

Top 5 to 10 wishes - Wow, here goes…

1. Size Adjustment for the Navigation Arrows in the Image Gallery.

2. New Smart Fields for Image Gallery to display Position of Image in the Gallery and another to display total number of images in the gallery. e.g. “Now viewing image 4 of 22”

3. Like @Mr_Fozzie I’d like to tweak the EXIF data in my imported images ideally inside Sparkle. I suspect these images are cloned and embedded into sparkle when they are imported. Perhaps Sparkle could enable editing of this Exif metadata for the images already imported into the gallery similar to the how we are able to edit the unique [Image Description] field for each image today. Also, what about making that field [Image Description] made available as a smart field?

4. Image Gallery - Selected Image Click assignment desired to “Zoom Image in Lightbox” but an advanced Lightbox with sizable navigation arrows to allow manual navigation through the entire Gallery (while zoomed).

5. As was mentioned in a recent post by @Suzart.de the creation of Mouse_Hover_Effects for Images, Buttons, Menus to permit a “nudge”, “Jiggle”, “Flash”, “Blink”, “Brighten Image”, “Dim Image”, and another “sparkle” effects - e.g. A corner on the the hovered control could twinkle, the applied shadow could change direction or change color, the gradient-fill could slowly swap sides, etc. Numerous attention effects that can be created in Photoshop but that means loading two elements on top of each other we don’t currently have a hover effect to change opacity to reveal an enhanced element below. It would be so convenient to have these sparkle, glow, nudge, and jiggle elements for hovering built into Sparkle Pro.

6. A new Arrange Item to “Autofit” the text box (& image labels) to fit the current text .

7. Today, the Esc key is trapped as a mechanism to close Pop-Ups. On certain pages and popups I’d like to trap specific keyboard keys e.g. the cursor keys to drive specific navigational outcomes: advance prev/next/first/last the scroll position on a page and same for navigating in the image gallery.

8. When opening a page or Pop Up that holds an Image Gallery, I’d value a mechanism to specify which image in the gallery would be initially displayed. e.g. Open Pop Up with Image gallery displaying image at gallery position 35.

9. In the Pro Version Layers Panel it would be great to have a button to collapse and expand all the layers in the Pages/Layers panel.

10. Today we have this helpful PopUp button on the Format Bar to see the list of Pop Ups and to open them directly from that list. Great to also have an icon for the list of Layout Blocks and another for a list Scroll Locations (which don’t even show up in any list today). Hunting through the Layers Panel gets tedious as does scrolling through long pages to locate the Scroll Locations.

2 Likes

Small change, but handy.

• the ability to change the color of the hamburger icon. Default is grey. It would be handy to change the color of the icon, from grey to another color of one’s choosing.
    -Bill

You can actually replace the image by selecting the top “menu” item in the menu settings and scrolling down. Or you can use the button+popup technique that’s actually a lot more flexible (though a little more work to set up).

1 Like

Another function in miss is as alternativ to google analytics also the support for using the self-hosted alternative Matomo. (formerly Piwik)

Of course I could put the Tracking-Code into a code-field on every page, but this is not the sparkle way. :wink:

4 Likes

Having the Layers-Panel only in the PRO (and not in the ONE) Verison is seriously a Joke.

I mean how are we supposed to build a site with pop-ups and using the all the layer arrangements without an overview of all the existing hidden windows? This does not make sense at all.

I love Sparkle but PLEASE consider putting the Layers in the ONE Version.
Or leave the whole pop-ups out of it. But this cant be the solution.

Agreed, added for the upcoming Sparkle 4.0.4

2 Likes

If you are selected on an object and working in the “Arrange” tab, when you move to another page and select an object it defaults back to the “Style” tab.
For me I would like Sparkle to stay on the same tab as was selected on the previous page.

3 Likes
  1. Ability to design my own blog post template rather than duplicating a page.
  2. Selected tabs to remain for each object clicked.
1 Like