Attached document

Hello, community!
Would one of you have a trick to add in a form the possibility for the user to upload a file (pdf or jpeg type) to be sent at the same time as the form?

ex: he fills in the fields with his first and last name and sends his CV as an attachment

Thank you
Nicolas

If this is not possible with Sparkle (and I’m not sure if it is) you could try Jotform (online form maker) and develop the email form with that and import the form into a Embed widget etc. I haven’t tried it but it should work.

It is possible to build incredible form with Jotform

Or another possibility is to use CoffeCup Web Form Builder, which is a great app for building forms etc.

UPDATE:

I just made a quick webpage using sparkle and created a upload form using web form builder for Mac. Works without issue when using the embed widget in Sparkle.

view the form on my test site here

Best
Scott

@rimram is correct, using an external forms provider (say https://www.jotform.com or https://www.wufoo.com), is currently the only way to create a form with a file upload.

It works great except for the privacy angle. Unlike Sparkle’s built-in forms, which run entirely on your web server, embedded forms run through a third party provider, with consequences in terms of privacy policy and user consent.

1 Like

@duncan Also the form I created with Web form builder works really well. All the code is uploaded to your own server.

Best
Scott

Please notice Web Form Builder is a 32bit application. Not running on Catalina.

Grtz,
Raf

I tested web form builder and of course you will find a biased impression from me, but:

• it appears to be a pretty terrible Windows port
  • it seems to consistently crash in a few places
  • it’s a one trick pony so not too flexible in what it lets you do
  • it costs more than Sparkle Pro

So yeah, we will add uploading ASAP.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your help!

@RPX Nope version 2.9 is 64bit. I have not tried it on Catalina but I just got a response from the developer and they say it’s working without issues, obviously I can’t verify that because I’m still on Mojave. etc

@rimram When I check my Web Form Builder in the system (Mojave) it’s a 32bit app as you can see in the screenshot. I have 2 versions. Both 32bit. Look at the 64-bits compatible column. It says ‘Nee’ (No).
Can you check your version please. I suppose it’s 2.9-5549 (the latest version). I have the 2.9-5497. Coffee Cup never gave me a notion to update. Bad service as far as I am concerned. :frowning: Should be for a $129.

Grtz,
Raf

@RPX Yes on my system 64bit. The latest updates will be in you account ready to download, well it was for me.

I have attached a screenshot of what my system is saying. Also I was in touch with their support and they said yes, it is 64bit, this was before I checked my system to verify etc.

Best
Scott

@rimram that’s the latest version indeed. Gonna download that version and see what happens with my license. But I’m afraid it’s paytime :slight_smile:
On the other hand, I don’t use it anymore. :wink:

Grtz,
Raf

@RPX I can’t remember having to pay for an upgrade tbh. But my memory is bad!! haha. I find the app very useful, but haven’t used it much. I would rather pay one fee and own it rather than having to pay monthly subscription fees to online form maker companies etc.

@rimram well, your memory is still good. Downloaded it and runs without payment. :slight_smile:
I don’t use it anymore, but it’s not bad to have it in the 64bit version.

Grtz,
Raf

@RPX Great news :slight_smile:

Best
Scott

@duncan It would be amazing if this were already available in version 3.0 of Sparkle. Thanks Duncan!

1 Like