Blog-Maker with Sparkle App

Blog-Maker is a demo of what could be for those who are NOT pros.

https://www.worldshaman.org/Sparkle-Joe

Waiting and hoping on v. 3.

Joseph O’Laughlin

1 Like

@jol, I’m feeling good about Sparkle3 but we will have to wait and see! :slight_smile:

Have you tried something like this with your blog concept?.. https://financialstreams.com.au/blog.html

1 Like

Very nifty what you have done there! And I am waiting and hoping too. If v3 doesn’t have a blog component, I am actually looking at installing something like this: https://simpleblogphp.com. I’ve mentioned before, but my personal blog is currently using WP. It’s too tricky to use however and I think I can make an even better looking blog using Sparkle. I have a little bookshop on my blog too, using an app, and updating that is a pain. In Sparkle, it would take two seconds and look better too.

Just want to update this post…
The Financial Streams’s website has been redone by another web agency of late so it isn’t a Sparkle website anymore - their loss!

1 Like

I feel with you, happened to me as well. What was the reason from your client?
My client got promised from yellow pages to become number one on Google, start price $5000

1 Like

@MiWe, There were too many chiefs and most clients think that you are creating them a word document that lives on the web! :frowning: They had a Sparkle website created from scratch that stood out against their competitors which they said initially their clients loved.

Sensis / Yellow Pages! I love their deceitful practices and most people fall for it. I am lucky that 16 of my many clients trust me with their organic SEO instead of the flaky promises and ludicrous prices Sensis charges!

About 8 odd years ago when Sensis realised that their Yellow Pages was a dying dinosaur they changed tack into our industry forming allegiances with Google and promising business the world with their dated and trashy templates and hefty priced SEO.

One of my clients asked me one day (because he noticed how much more traffic he was getting organically) if they should continue paying Sensis $22,000 per year for their SEO and marketing. I just about fell off the chair! He was getting 68% of his traffic organically in what I set up, 19% direct (booked marked and newsletter) and just about all the rest what Sensis promised him.

Another client that trust us called us in and asked if it was a good deal to continue advertising with Yellow Pages and Sensis. They told me they had a meeting with Sensis that morning and they told him his website was useless and a dated template! Luckily my client trusted my word over theirs and I proved to him what I created was from scratch plus his organic traffic was contributing to 73% of his user traffic.
They told me Sensis was going to charge them $4000 (discount special) and $125/month thereafter. The SEO and marketing was going to be about $1800/month on top of it!

I explain and educate my clients along the way and what they get from me is original and most of them don’t fall for those deceitful practices out there! :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that your client didn’t trust you over them! :frowning:

3 Likes

There are many scary stories out there about Sensis. My ex employer was at Court with Sensis about very similar issues, well they have money and they can afford good lawyers.
My client signed up for $5000 with them, I am worried that is a starting price, she hasn’t told me about the ongoing fees, probably the same what you have written before.
Anyhow, ex client or not, I made sure to let her know that I am there for her if it goes wrong with Sensis.
In regards to loosing that client, I believe their new manager pulled some strings to get me out, I have realised that he doesn’t trust me, looked somewhere else for advice and believed that person.
Doesn’t matter, actually that was the trigger I could get rid of that previous Webdesigner app and made me the move back to Sparkle.

1 Like

Has someone an interesting blog-site made on sparkle?

See continuous evolution of re-design at o-t-g.com blog and other additions.

jol

While the word “interesting” is subjective, I’ve been running a blog using Sparkle for a while now.

It has a few dozen blog postings across multiple tags and utilizes a site search.

1 Like

Here is one I can show you using Sparkle’s blog engine - https://tasmaniaaware.com/blog-index.php

Thanks a lot DaverD, a good idea to continue for my project.

Thanks a lot FlamingFig, I could catch some good ideas for my project.

1 Like

That’s a really good-looking site. I very much like that you have a blog index on the landing page; is that done manually with links?

I am struggling with a Blog for a client and after the first blog I am asking me if for every coming blog I have to invest a new site in Sparkle. I’ve not figuered out the exact technique or the concept how it should be! Maybe has someone something to read how to do step by step. Would be great. Thanks in advance.

Is it Groundhog Day again? The same thing over and over again.
You do know that there’s a documentation about it?
And the helpful hint to duplicate a blog post.

Continue right here.

2 Likes

@Mr_Fozzie Thanks a lot, I had to find out how to hide those pages, that at the end shouldn’t show in the menu-bar. But thanks a lot for your answer!

Hello.

No offense intended. And don’t take it personally.
You are now writing that you want to hide pages. But that’s not what your first question was about.

We are happy to help here - and the better and more detailed the problem is described, the better. And what you have already done yourself.

And if you have to pull the sentences out of everyone’s nose bit by bit, you’ll lose interest after the umpteenth query.

Still having problems with the blog?

Mr. F.

No no, absolutely not offended and you’re right, probably I could have described it better. I’m now better with blogs and will certainly use it in a proper way. Thanks again.