Can we remove the menu on one page only

This might seem obvious or answered elsewhere, but I couldn’t fid it. I have a more-or-less standalone page I want to add to my main site, but don’t want to have the main menu show up on it, as I don’t want people accessing this page to go elsewhere on the site and get confused (I am trying to not create a whole new website for one special purpose page).

Anyway, my question is whether I can hide the main menu on this page only, without it affecting the menu on all the other pages? Deleting it deletes it on all pages.

Thanks

You could try to place your standalone page into a Section on your website…

OK, I haven’t used Sections before. Are they more or less independent of the main site then?

you can set specific itens to appear on specific sections actually

i would make 2 sections, the main section where is everything of the website and the section with the stand alone page

1 Like

OK, that makes sense, and was easy so I set that up, I think, but the visibility option to “Show On All Pages In This Section” is greyed out.

Once I set the section and move it to the top, are all pages below it, until it sees the next section part of “section 1”? I can’t find much info on how sections are supposed to work, nor can I tell if a partiular page is part of which section. I have it set with the Section 1 at the top of the page list, and then at the bottom, I have Section2 with the one page listed. But, as I said the Visibilityoption is greyed out. I’m missing something, but don’t know what

CleanShot 2023-11-15 at 20.39.08

if you are able to collapse it then you should be good

for the visibility, only the topmost layer will be able to define visibility. So if you are trying to hide a specific element inside a group/layout block, you won’t be able to - you can only do this on the top layers

This would be the correct:
CleanShot 2023-11-15 at 20.40.58@2x
CleanShot 2023-11-15 at 20.41.07@2x

This would be incorrect (hence, greyed out):
CleanShot 2023-11-15 at 20.42.47@2x
CleanShot 2023-11-15 at 20.42.53@2x

2 Likes

AHA!! I think I’ve got it now, although I will need to fool around with it more after dinner. Darn food, lol. But yes, that helped. I didn’t have the pages properly set under the section header, it’s a very subtle difference in position, but after I did that, the selection in visibility is no longer greyed out. Whether it does what I need, I’m not there yet, but looks likely. THANKS!

This worked perfectly. Thank you once again!! This has got to be one of the best suppport forums ever. Thanks to @duncan and everyone here!

1 Like