Captions for photos

I occasionally read that it is important to have captions attached to photographs, but I can find very little detail about this subject.

Is it as simple as placing a text box on the page next to the photo and setting the text style to “Caption”, or is there more to it than that?

Should the caption text box not be associated in some way to the photo it refers to? If so, how is this done in Sparkle?

All advice most welcome…

The simplest way to do that in Sparkle is to place a text near an image, the caption style is just a convenience.

For SEO purposes you should use the image description (which goes in the image “alt” attribute).

1 Like

Ok understood. Thanks Duncan.

I was just worried that there was some sort of special attribute to captions I didn’t know about. Yes I take care giving good file names and descriptions to my uploaded images.

Mike

How do the search engines find gallery images as there isn’t a description box available for images in a gallery, are the image titles found?

There is no way to add a description currently, so you can use the label. Another option is to appropriately name images.

Ok, thanks. I think I need to be very specific with my image names. It is important for them to appear in Google images