Ecwid plug-in and privacy banner

I have an issue that many site visitors are coming back to me for, when people open the website for the first time, (or each time, depending in their cookies clearing preferences) the Ecwid plug-in will not start to work / show any thing unless if they accept the privacy banner. May people will not see / not click the accept or continue button on the privacy banner.

On the privacy banner settings there is no option to make the privacy banner as a Lightbox popup where it will take the attention to it.

Any suggestion to fix that or at least to let the Ecwid plug-in work from the beginning?

One more issue that I would like sparkle to fix in the future, the Ecwid plug-in takes the full width of the page, we need to override this setting as some time it is not good looking.

you can check the website from here: www.akkadtrading.com

Thank you,

Hi.

You can make the banner as big as you like or need it and apply any color.
This is in V4.5.x and i assume it did not change in V5

Mr. F.

Yes, I know I can do that, but the issue the banner can be fixed only in top or bottom !!

Hello.

Yes, that’s right.

I had suggested some time ago that it could be done as you suggested - as a full size popup. And it should be prevented from scrolling without accepting or rejecting the cookies.

Neither of these has been implemented yet. It may be that some national data protection regulations play a role here. In D, for example, it is not allowed to accept consent simply by scrolling.

We will see.

Mr. F.

Hi :wave:t2:

It is true that it would be more convenient as a popup. While waiting for a future update to offer that functionality, I can suggest two options:

The first option is to insert the Ecwid store using an embed code and disable the activation after consent setting. However, depending on the country you are in, this may be illegal. You can find the code for your Ecwid store on their website.

The second solution is to make the banner more visible and centered on the screen. You can set the banner to display at the top and then stretch the block downward. Here’s an example: https://shop-local.webpulse.fr

1 Like