I still do not understand the privacy page

A sample theme with a privacy page would be nice to see the impact of the settings in the sparkleapp. It is not clear to me yet after reading the documentation.

Hi.

I would say download one of the new templates and see what’s in there. But the server is so slow at the moment that it would surely take until the day after tomorrow.

Or just ask specific questions about what you don’t understand.
The documentation is actually written very precisely.

Mr. F.

From what I know a privacy page is like a terms and conditions, for example if you have a contact form and you are asking for some data like mobile number, email, name … etc, you may have a small sentence saying that “by sending pressing the send button you agree to share the above information with us” and in the privacy page you can have the details of what will happen to that data.

The above sentence is only an example.

@Mr_Fozzie Vielen Dank für deine Antwort. In den Templates ist die Datenschutzfunktion nicht drin. Was ich noch nicht verstehe ist, an welcher Stelle müssen die Buttons platziert werden und wo der Datenschutztext. Und wie man die Buttons einstellt sodass sie nicht bei jeder Seite erscheinen, wäre ja ziemlich nervig. Deshalb hatte ich gedacht, die Jungs von Sparkle könnten mal an ein Template auch eine 2. Seite mit dem Datenschutz dranhängen um zu verstehen, wie es in Sparkle und wie es dann auf der veröffentlichten Seite aussieht.

@Theilluminance Thank you for your help. I understood the sense and the necessity, but not how to implement it practically.

Hallo.

@shifuzzy : ausnahmsweise mal auf Deutsch.
Wenn Du diese Option aktivierst, wird automatisch die Seite “Datenschutzerklarung.html” erzeugt. Darin ist dann ein grauer Balken, der den Texthinweis zum Datenschutz enthält. Das musst Du anpassen. In diesen Balken gehören auch die beiden Buttons für “Annehmen” und “Ablehnen”. Der ganze Balken kann ebenfalls angepasst werden (Größe, Farbe, Schriftart und -größe, usw.). Dieser Balken erscheint dann beim ersten Besuch der Webseite. Über “Stil” kannst Du weitere Anpassungen vornehmen.

In die Seite Datenschutz schreibst Du dann Deine Datenschutzerklärung. Dazu empfehle ich mal das WWW zu durchkämmen, was da alles rein muss.

Zum korrekten Test muss die Seite aber veröffentlicht werden. In der Vorschau wird kein Cookie gesetzt.

Mr. F.

Thank you Mr.F., that helps a lot.

And did it work?
Feel free to ask more questions when you need help.

Mr. F.

Thank you Mr.F.
I still have a problem, understanding the privacy policy. As I understood it, the gray bar with the content is visible on the first visit to the page. But what do you need the other two buttons for? Is the text next to it as an explanation for the designer or for the page visitor? Does the privacy text have to be in the text frame or can it be on an extra privacy page?

That’s why I asked for an example page at the beginning, then I could understand the sense and the single functions.

Hello.

OK now?

You can have a look at my website :grin:
Mr. F.

1 Like

Thank you, that helps.
You mean the golf side? There the privacy notice does not appear at all, certainly not in my browser :wink:

What a conversation, Mr. Fozzy and shifuzzy :joy:

The privacy banner should appear at the bottom of the browser window.
It disappears when you start scrolling or hit one of the buttons.

Cache cleared and reload the page?

Mr. F.

Your privacy banner: In google chrome it works but not in safari.

In my case, I’ve got it working now. Thanks again.

Very strange. It works for me in both browsers. Anyway. No one has complained about it yet.

It’s nice that it works for you now.

Mr. F.

Is there a reason why the first menu item cannot also be linked to the first page?
The same with the menu item that has sub-items. You can not link it either.

edit: My fault. Homepage link works fine. But the other problem still exists

Hi.

Is this for me? I don’t understand what you mean?

Mr. F.

Ich mach mal auf Deutsch. Ja sorry, ich hätte auch ein neues Thema aufmachen können. Ich habe auf meine Internetseite einen Menüpunkt mit Unterpunkten. Die Unterpunkte lassen sich verlinken, aber der Menüpunkt, unter dem die Unterpunkte sind nicht.

Hi.

That’s by design. You can not add a link to the - let’s say headline.

Mr. F.