Layout Blocks - What is it?

Okay - thanks for the update.

1 Like

Having read all posts, I always found the idea of blocks great but during the process of creating a website I always struggle at some point because of elements (mainly Text) behaving strange between different breakpoints/devices. I never use the automatic way of letting sparkle do the job but arrange elements manually. I found out that between breakpoints text and images (mainly text) shrink too much down from 20pt or larger to 4pt on mobile which is not looking great at all of course (readability). Also in my case(s) of using blocks, elements moved into strange places on its pages between breakpoints and the settings in width and height never fitted in any way - so one has to be very careful and check regularly across all breakpoints.
But of course those blocks help to find those elements - my workflow always lets me name all layers accordingly to their content and also I take care of their layer-z order in the layers panel because no matter how it appears on canvas, in the layers panel it keeps its place and order.
Hope that helps?

Kind Regards,
Uwe

1 Like

One small point on Layout Blocks, when used, you can not click and drag on the canvas to select multiple objects, all it does is select the layout block. So more clicking on individual elements to align or move.

Layout blocks are essentially pre-designed sections of a web page that you can add to your design. They can include things like headers, footers, banners, hero sections, testimonials, and more. These blocks can be customized in terms of their content, style, and layout to match your branding and design needs.

When you add a layout block to your Sparkle design, it will automatically adjust to fit your page layout. You can then customize the block by adding your own images, text, and other content, and by adjusting the block’s size, position, and other properties.

Layout blocks in Sparkle are designed to save you time and effort in creating a web page. They provide you with pre-built templates that you can customize to suit your needs, allowing you to create a professional-looking website without having to start from scratch.