Only in Chrome - texts and images moved

After a long time, I am now accessing my own website in the browser. Unfortunately I have to recognize that almost every page shows text- or image-movements, this can only be seen in chrome browser.
For example see: https://design-unikate.de/referenzen.html in chrome and safari
This site has not been updated for almost half a year.

I don’t know where to start solving the problem.

Thanks in advance.

I think what you see is a bug/regression just recently introduced in Chrome, we have fixed the issue and submitted the 2.8.7 update to Apple, which we hope will be approved in brief time. You will need to republish the site with 2.8.7 to solve the issue.

2 Likes

Hi duncan,
many thanks for the support.
I primarily recognized the problem on the iMac - the problem “did not” occur on the MacBook - I was completely confused.
What’s the difference? Chrome on the iMac has version 79.0.3945.88 - on the MacBook it was version 78.0.3904.108.
A short time later, Chrome on the MacBook was updated to version 79.0.3945.88 - now I have the same problem on the MacBook too.

Yes, chrome 79 has the bug.

Amazing @duncan, thanks for being so “on top” of the various browser updates. It’s great to see a developer who cares this much about a quality product. You’re really top notch!

4 Likes

Another update coming! :heart_eyes:

Thanks Duncan for having an answer and future solution so I can exhale, relax and watch everyone else enjoying New Years!

… I am very happy that another update is coming :slight_smile:

Just for info, I have already fixed some problems on my site.
I was able to prevent line breaks by grouping them in another box, but I can only prevent the problems with the image (line) breaks by removing the scroll locations.
Now I hope the upcoming update will solve exactly the problem.

I am very excited ….

Oh! We’ve just spent all morning trying to ‘fix’ our site as it is completely messed up in Chrome, wish I’d read this thread earlier! :grimacing:

We are using 2.8.7 hopefully the next update will fix it. :slight_smile:

Sp last night Chrome updated to Version 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit).
But my web pages still have text and picture boxes moved wildly out of place in Chrome.
And I am noticed some new similar problems in Safari today.
What is the plan for handling this?
Do I have to simplify my web site for now?

@maxim, Yep you are right!.. the latest Chrome update has still the alignment issues it introduced on its last build update! :frowning: All the other browsers including Safari are behaving for me.

Does anyone know what the “trick” is to alter one’s pages to live with this craziness until it is fixed? I don’t see any pattern to the problem.
In other words, how should I lay out my offending pages so they preview in Chrome and Sparkle the same way?

I hope there is something as a short term fix, we have paid advertisers who are not happy their ads are not displaying properly, won’t be long before we have to start refunding :disappointed:

Hi Duncan, Chrome just updated to Version 79.0.3945.117, but text and pictures are still moved to crazy locations.
Do you have any suggestions for how to change pages so they will preview the same in Sparkle and Chrome?
One guy said he eliminated scroll locations. Does those mess up the rest of a page?
Help!

@maxim, there’s no one standard problem or standard solution.

Anybody here who needs an urgent fix, please get in touch and we can set you up with pre-release software (well it’s release quality, but it’s held up in appstore review). feedback@sparkleapp.com

3 Likes

I just got the pre-release version from Duncan and am confirming this fixed the Chrome issue for me. Thanks @duncan!

1 Like

We too got the fix. Over the moon to see our site all back to its Sparkly goodness :two_hearts: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hurrah! The Case of the Shifting Boxes is solved!
Sparkle 2.8.8 has accomplished peace in our time!
A thousand blessings upon thee, effendi!
May angels dance between thy toes at midnight!
And thank you very much for resolving this.

2 Likes

Hurrah! The Case of the Shifting Boxes is solved!
Sparkle 2.8.8 has accomplished peace in our time!
A thousand blessings upon thee, effendi!
May angels dance between thy toes at midnight!
And thank you very much for resolving this.