Popup should not be shown on mobile device

Hello everyone.
The following problem. I have created a popup on my website. But I don’t want this popup to appear on a cell phone. Is that even possible? There is no selection as to whether this field should be displayed on the mobile device or it is grayed out.
Any idea?

if you don’t want a pop up to show on your mobile layout, simply hide the object or link that triggers the popup. If its an automated popup. there is’t a lot you can do.

1 Like

It is also possible to trigger the option “not visible on that device” for every object within a popup.

1 Like

From what I know @saber1, yes it is possible.
A Popup is triggered through an action so if that is made invisible the Popup won’t be seen at all including the elements placed on it which would be a quicker way instead of hiding all the elements in a Popup…

1 Like

@FlaminFig
What if the trigger is “Open Automatically”?
Can this option be set separately for each device?

1 Like

No at this stage it isn’t possible to have it set as per device.
I’m not aware of a workaround this either.

Why would you trigger a Popup on desktop but then not want it to trigger on mobile?

1 Like

Take a look at my page: https://www.pb-fotobox.de/
Desktop Version: The pink dots (PopUps) represent the current page
Mobile Version: Complete different design

1 Like

Ok got you! Makes sense and well done in your execution! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The problem with per device solutions in this case is someone might “change device” while the popup is open, for example you can flip a phone from portrait to landscape (which are different devices in Sparkle), or a docked browser pane on iPad can go from 1/3 to 1/2 to full screen, likely three different devices. While the solution might be to hide the popup when changing device, it’s unclear that this is always the best way to address it. Same goes for popups that don’t automatically open but are triggered only on one device.

1 Like

Thank you all for the support. This is exactly the problem I have: Popup should not be shown on mobile device - #7 by saber1

In the mobile view, I would also ‘only’ like to point out that you should turn your mobile phone, but unfortunately the pop-ups that I would like to display in the PC view are then shown.
But perhaps the solution lies in the above-mentioned article?