Publish takes hours with version 5 (but it works)

Hello,
with the new version 5 the publish of a website takes hours, even if I try to publish it to a folder on my Mac.

With Sparkle 4 it only took a few minutes.

Am I the only one who has this problem?

Hello :wave:t2:

It seems that Sparkle 5 has redesigned the way websites are structured. Therefore, when publishing for the first time in Sparkle 5, the entire site, including images, may be republished, which can take some time. Try publishing it again and see if the publishing time is faster or not.

Regarding the images, have you enabled the new image format called “AVIF”? If so, please note that while AVIF images provide better loading times for a website, they take significantly longer to compress compared to WebP images, which can considerably increase the publishing time.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer!

Yes, first I had AVIF enabled, but now without it worked.
Maybe I just wasn’t relaxed enough to wait, because I needed to fix the website quickly.

Now after the first very slow publish, it works as expected as fast as always.

1 Like

AVIF is very very slow, it’s mainly recommended if you have a fast multicore Mac and you want to squeeze that extra ounce of pagespeed.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer.
Then I was just not patient enough, because I thought the problem is the upload and not the compressing of the image.

Would it be possible to give more debug information while an upload is performed? Now there is only written Upload img_xxxx and there is no information about the current upload speed or how many images still need to be uploaded.