Suggest to be able to lock blocks keep block order

Hi it would helpful to be able to lock blocks, as often moving a block moves other blocks up and down, expanding the page, and then one has to locate and re-arrange the blocks back into proper place.

also lock page length, to prevent it adding large blank sections

3 Likes

Hi :wave:t2:

YES! I would love a feature like this. I would also like a keyboard key (for example, SHIFT) that you could hold down to move a block without affecting the other blocks, or to move any other element without it being snapped to the blocks. It would make things a lot easier.

I’m having a nightmare with blocks. One keeps moving up every time I save.

Hi Allan.

This is from the documentation:

Additionally ‍holding ‍the ‍CMD ‍key ‍while ‍dragging ‍the ‍layout ‍block ‍(from ‍any ‍place) ‍will ‍move ‍all ‍subsequent ‍blocks ‍on ‍the ‍page along with it.

This does not work anymore?

Mr. F.

@Mr_Fozzie I wasn’t aware of that feature, thank you! Haha

But that’s not what I’m looking for, it’s the opposite. I would like to be able to move (or overlap) blocks without moving all the others in its path. Currently, it’s not easy to move a block without moving everything else… It would also allow for elements (that are not blocks) to be layered on top of blocks without getting sucked into them. This would be of great help for layout purposes!

Hi Allan.

I don’t think that’s going to happen. That seems to be the peculiarities of Layout Blocks.
If you put something on top of it, it gets sucked up and is part of the block.

Mr. F.

I don’t know, but I would really like to see this feature arrive. I have needed it several times. At least being able to move blocks up or down without affecting the ones that are in their correct position would be great.

Hello Allan.

I don’t quite follow you. Do you have a mix of layout blocks and groups on the page?
Can you make a sketch or a small video that shows exactly where your problem lies?
Since I don’t use blocks - only for testing purposes - I don’t see how I can help you.

Mr. F.

Hello @Mr_Fozzie

Thank you, that’s kind of you, but I don’t need any help :smile: I can work with it like this, I was just offering a suggestion for improvement to make the workflow easier :blush: