Thank you for v4!

Wow! I am LOVING V4! Layout Blocks make such a difference that I have started re-making my blog to make full use of them. I think it will help immensely with updating which with v3 & below was a bit tedious.

I am also grateful for the blog TAGS! Thank you for listening to us bloggers Duncan & crew! Really appreciate it.

My only feedback is I’d love to eventually see navigation for blog posts. So at the end of each blog post an automatic link to the next or previous posts. Most blogs have them so it would be marvellous if Sparkle could also replicate this feature to make work a little less manual.

But truly, you have outdone yourselves. Thank you so much! I know I am only a hobbyist website / blog creator but I would have given up if it hadn’t been for Sparkle.

5 Likes

It is a MARVELLOUS application!!! :slight_smile: :clap:

1 Like

Thank you for that milestone update, it’s a very great application and gets better and better.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words and great suggestion.

2 Likes

Hi Duncan,

can you give us a video demonstration on YouTube about using the new features?

1 Like

Yeah we’re a bit under pressure now, will get around to some demo videos.

3 Likes

Thank you, Duncan (and to all the team) for a great update. Fantastic job, as usual, you are my best working partner :wink: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Amazing as always, “Sparkle 4 is a Game changer.” Layout Blocks to be able to create templates that now can easily be copied and pasted from one Sparkle site to another without loosing all the info added to it such as SEO data. I see so many uses for this alone that it has me excited to see the best use for implementing into my workflow. Layout block so much easier to build with as you can grab section and pull around to place where you want. This is the only thing I have worked on have not even seen the other updates as this is huge. I forgot to mention also Thanks for the discount for the upgrade, I was about to purchase the monthly but the upgrade was $10 cheaper so it swayed me.

1 Like

And thanks a lot lot lot for allowing opening another popup from a popup as a feature in Sparkle 4.01!!! This feature lets me create the desired “cascading” submenus for hand-built menu structures in the 320px device layout.

2 Likes

More Sparkle App Laudation: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Exact same files, one saved using v3.1.7 and same file opened and saved on v4.
Sparkle laudation
A 45% reduction!

Impressive work to Duncan and all, especially in an era when everyone wants in NOW! yet too few are willing to do the hard work that makes such speed possible.

If such work is unimportant to you, go use WordPress… :roll_eyes: But surely I preach to the choir here :smile_cat:.
(Friends don’t let friends use Wordpress

3 Likes

I can say I have less problems without using Wordpress.
Well said PPE

1 Like

Ah yes it was mentioned in the blog post. Basically we coalesce multiple images that are identical in a single in-file section (an optimization that was intended to be there since Sparkle 3 but never got around to). Also if you switch an image from bitmap to stock photo to svg, etc. in Sparkle 3 it would keep the alternative images, which was useful if you change your mind, but obviously wasteful long term. In Sparkle 4 we do a cleanup of those when saving the file, so next time you open it, it only contains the variant you had settled on.

In one case we saw a 2.5GB file shrink to around 400MB!

3 Likes

I love Sparkle 4!
And especially the layout blocks.
It work a charm.
The only feedback I have is to to sett the font in Mobile standard to 8px or 10px in stead of 5px.
5px is very very small.
Sparkle 4 makes live a bit easier.
Thank you Duncan and team for that!

2 Likes