What to do with sections?

I can read the section part in documentation but I don’t understand what to do with it. I got the advice from Duncan to use sections for my footer-jumping-around issue but I must admit, I can add a section (“Abschnitt” in German) but how can I do now what I want to achieve?
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-27 um 19.21.15
It seems that I can drag elements to that section but how can I set this to be a footer that simply appears at the end of a page and not “fixed” to the end of a page so that it simply scrolls with all its content above.

And to add for my recent problem: I need two different footers for two languages, so how do I set the german-footer-section to german pages and the english-footer-section to the english pages?

And is it recommended or a good idea to use that section part then for headers as well?

Thanks in advance,
Uwe

Sorry @UweRausB, but Sections has nothing to do what you are trying to achieve with your footer in not jumping around.

Maybe you are using Sections to seperate your English and German websites.
Sections are complete pages that you are able to style seperate to your main pages. For example if you have a footer group in English across all your pages, you can have a footer group in German in one of the Sections.

My “footer-elements-jumping around unpredictable” is a reason why always (as of this reading) when I reopen my current project all elements in my (two different) footers appear totally different in all “devices”/breakpoints.
So to solve this issue I would have to reset all footers in all devices for twenty pages, Duncan came up with the idea to use sections for this so to have set my footer element in two pages only, instead of twenty.

I need two different footers because it is a two languages-website. Because there are no masterpages to achieve what I want, … .

Of course I could use section(s) for just one footer to setup elements one time but on the other hand for this I would not need sections because I could just set up one footer and check “for all pages” - it is kind of a masterpageapproach, right?. But I have two different footers, so what to do?
Anyway I restart the project from scratch - I have the “feeling” that for some reason in this project because, as we have a saying in Germany: the worm is in there.
But in order to learn and to avoid, doing the same issue once more, I am open to new strategies.

To have a look at my old project, if one is willing to check, here’s my -.sparkle.

It is a no-zip-wetransfer to download with some screenshots. Maybe someone finds my selfcreated bug.
We had kind of this issues in Muse as well and at that point it was helpful to redo a site from scratch, because the culprit was not to detect at all and so it might be here with that project, too.

Thanks in advance and Kind Regards,
Uwe

The section approach for different footers is the best one.

You’ll create a section and put all the pages that uses footer 1 inside that section

Then you’ll create another section and put all the pages that uses footer 2 inside that section

After that, you go to the first section and set up footer 1, and set it to “all pages on this section”, then you repeat this process for the second section and set up footer 2

CleanShot 2022-07-28 at 08.14.09@2x

1 Like

Yes, thanks in the meantime I got this. Seems to work fine - my glitches with my rescaling and jumping elements between devices did not occur so far - might have been because importing site and did some “work” and so these glitches never disappeared for some reason - anyway, so far it seems to work fine.
Any recommendations for footer(s) - to use layout blocks for footers as well or better leave it with groups? From guessing and not experiencing, I want to have the footer always following its content and not not be fixed at the bottom like some headers with its menus, layout blocks should be fine, shouldn’t it?

Thanks in advance and Kind Regards,
Uwe