Sparkle 4 introduced a great tool to remove backgrounds. This AI tool is so effective, it will do several minutes of image editing work in a few seconds. However after backgrounds are removed, the original sizes of the images will not change keeping empty space around the subjects which can sometimes makes it hard to get the desired image placement on a website.
I believe the Sparkle team are working hard to add features that make Sparkle so much easier to design a website and I hope in-app image cropping is somewhere in the list. But until then, this is what I use to crop out undesired spaces from images fast.
- Copy the image from Sparkle (Cmd+C),
- Open Pages (the app) and paste it on a blank page,
- While the pasted image is selected, go to “Images” tab on the right top corner of the format bar.
- Press “Edit Mask” and crop out the unnecessary areas of the image, hit “Done” on the hovering bar under the image and copy the final result,
- Go back to Sparkle and paste.
I hope this helps.