Instagram issues

Hey all, unfortunately facebook is making unreasonable compliance requests for our Instagram integration, and we’re not sure if we’ll be able to keep the feature.

The symptom is Sparkle will show this message when attempting to connect an Instagram account:

Embedding a post can be replaced by a few steps:

• you click on the three dots top right, then click on “embed":

• then this window opens and you click “Copy embed code”:

• in Sparkle you add an embed element:

• you paste (CMD-V) and click the save button:

• and after a few moments the instagram image appears (and you can resize that element like any other):

We currently don’t have solution for replacing recent images.

Apologies for the trouble, we’re still negotiating with Facebook, but it will take days or weeks and we still don’t know whether facebook will work with us or not.

3 Likes

This is really sad news! :frowning:
Connecting Instagram is one of my biggest client’s request.

Thanks Duncan for the alternative.

1 Like

I have the same issue as mentioned way earlier, that the insta-post does not appear but askes for "watch on insta: https://holzbau-atelier.com

Hello @duncan so the certificate has expired yesterday and I have the same issue trying to login again… Any news from the IG/FB side?
Best!

Hi, Community

Just wanted to echo how important this feature is for our websites. In fact, anything that improves or expands social integration – TikTok, etc. – is highly recommended! It’s nothing but a social world out there, after all. Hope Meta cooperates.

In the meantime, thankful for the ease of embedding a post.

Good luck!

Sino

The news is we’re testing a new instagram integration workflow that we hope to release in Sparkle 5.1.1

4 Likes

Hi @duncan. Any update on the status of this Instagram integration? I have a client who is asking if we can integrate their daily stories / posts from IG into their website.

Just released in Sparkle 5.2

3 Likes

SA-weet! Thanks for your work on this IG fix @duncan

It’s working! Thank you! Great to see that you didn’t give up and found a solution.

@duncan In addition to being able to access recent /current Instagram posts, are there any plans to integrate linking to an Instagram Story?

As far as I can tell stories are not exposed in the instagram API. In fact the previous instagram integration only had plain image posts, the new one includes videos, reels and albums, but I think stories aren’t possible. Do you know of websites that shows instagram stories?

Thanks for your reply @duncan. I expect you are correct about the API. I’d be curious to know if Behold has any additional insight into the possibility of Instagram story access. I’ve only shown Instagram stories linked via their specific browser URL, but I haven’t tested to see if they remain visible beyond the original post duration.

Hi, having issues with behold.so authorising my clients instagram feed - its says its ‘Connecting…’ but doesn’t ever connect. When I press ‘Done’ to close the modal box, then choose settings again it states - connect you instagram account, I sign in to re-authorise its says already connected? But never actually connects? Any help appreciated.

Yes @harvest, I have noticed this as well.
I have mentioned it to @duncan so I’m sure it is being looked into! :slight_smile:

It can take 1-2 mins to successfully connect up - I was too impatient!!

I have the same problem with connecting to Instagram. The pop-up opens, but keeps loading. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on?

Thank you!

Sorry about that. Please email us at feedback@sparkleapp.com and we’ll figure it out.

Hi!

I am having the same issue with trying to connect/authorize Instagram. At first, it would accept login credentials, ask to authorize Behold, seems to accept the credentials and authorization, but then just disappear without actually connecting to the account.

Now, like yours, the popup just opens without any dialogue – just the loading icon.

Please let us know when you resolve your issue. Thank you!!

Sino

Did you find a solution? I have the same Problem. :frowning: