Trouble trying to upload/publish site

My web host has an upload file feature where you drop the files into the “box” that shows up when you choose “upload”, so I published/exported my site to disk, thinking then I would drag the files into the “box”.

Some files uploaded however, I got an error message that says “An error occured. Your account may be over its quota or you attempted to upload a folder.”

There are indeed folders in the exported content: css, images, js, and one called Work Folder. The latter I’m not sure why pages 2-6 html files are in this folder.

Anyway, I haven’t had to upload a site in ages and while I did read the Sparkle doc regarding publishing and thought I did it correctly, obviously I did not. What should I be doing instead? Should I publish directly to web, or use Filezilla? Will I continue to have a problem with the folders? Did I set up my site incorrectly? The previews have been working as intended.

I attached a screenshot of the upload attempt.

All help/suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I suggest to upload your site in the app.
When you want to upload your side manually via FTP or Webhosters upload app, then you need to export your website as “Save to disk” and upload this.

Thanks, I did save to disk and upload. The screen shot is the error messages I got from the host when trying to upload it. It doesn’t seem to know what to do about the folders.

Yes seems like, try to upload via FTP client to your webhost, i had never problems with that.

I never have the necessity to “Save to disk”, but when I was unable to export automatically to my server with Sparkle, I want to see if was problem of my server or Sparkle. Then I tried to find the “Save to Disk” and download manually but I couldn’t find this tricky option. Please where it is? Tks.

and in File

Hi @iPisco, select publish then set up an export to disk location.

When using the cPanel on your hosting account, there can be a number of issues. Firstly, there may be a limit to the number of files you can upload at a time. Secondly, as you’ve discovered, folders are not treated like files - you generally have to create the folders on the server first, and then upload the relevant files to those folders.

If you must use the file upload feature on your host’s cPanel, it’s better to publish your site to disk. Then select all the files and folders in the publish folder and compress them into a zip file (Right-click and select Compress from the context menu). You can then use the file manager on your host to upload the zip file to your website folder (normally public HTML). When the file is uploaded, you can use your host’s unzip utility - usually shown in the file manager, This will extract the zip and all your files and folders will be created on your server.